Student Government Association
As the Student Government Association of Northern Kentucky University, we strive to fulfill our sworn duties to serve the student body by addressing its concerns, needs, and rights. While leading on a positive platform that is open, ethical and supportive, we place the student body's well being above all.
Student Government Association (SGA) 2013 spring elections were held on Wednesday, March 27 and Thursday, March 28, 2013. Candidate bios can still be reviewed.
The following positions were voted on:
- Secretary of Public Relations
- Secretary of Student Involvement
- Secretary of Administration
- Senate (25)
- Judicial Council (5)
For information regarding the responsibilities of each position below review the SGA Constitution.
Students also voted on the proposed new SGA Constitution. To review the Executive Summary for the proposed SGA Constitution please click here. To review the proposed SGA Constitution please click here.
Student Government Goals for 2012-2013
- Open access to class information.
- Improve the marketing of SGA and the branding of NKU.
- Ensure student rights and privacy of student information as it pertains to advising.
- Investigate the possibility of an academic dead week.
- Assist and install NKU advocacy.
- Restructure the NKU SGA constitution.
- Increase the amount of money the Student Fee Allocation Board distributes each year to registered student organizations.
- Collaborate with administration on whether to make campus smoke/tabacco free.