Student Government Association
As the Student Government Association (SGA) of Northern Kentucky University, we strive to fulfill our sworn duties to serve the student body by addressing its concerns, needs, and rights. While leading on a positive platform that is open, ethical and supportive, we place the student body's well being above all.
Student Government Meetings are open to the academic community for observation and are held every Monday at 3:30pm in the Student Governance room in the Student Union, SU 104.
SGA wants your voice to be heard! Our Fall Town Hall Forum is this Wednesday, November 5th from 3:30-5:30pm in the SU Multipurpose Room (SU 102). If you have any questions or complaints, please attend! If you cannot attend, please post your questions and concerns on our facebook event page by clicking on this message!
Student Government Goals for 2013-2014
1. Increase the student body’s engagement in campus affairs
2. Increase academic offerings to students
3. Strengthen and improve the scholarship and grant opportunities presented through SGA
4. Encourage the use of a universal grade posting system from faculty
5. Establish an Academic dead week
6. Expand knowledge of current programs that promote student success and well-being
7. Improve wi-fi bandwidth on campus
8. Investigate the future of housing options and how it will affect students
9. Promote branding and beautification projects
10. Implement the A+ initiative
11. Improve student accessibility to SGA
12. Provide refreshments sponsored through SGA for midterm and finals week